News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 cadillac pre-bent SS brake lines

Started by Jon Riley, March 25, 2006, 12:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Riley

I am interested in purchasing pre-bent SS brake lines for my 1960 Cadillac.  Has anyone purchased pre-bent brake lines from INLINE TUBE for a 1960 Cadillac?  If so, would you mind emailing me about the fit and function? (jonathangriley@msn.com)

If anyone has used other suppliers with a positive result would you mind emailing me the company that you used?

Thanks for you help.

Jon Riley

Richard Fedor

Jon, I see in one of the posts that your were going to do a dual master cylinder conversion to your 60. I also want to do the conversion. I read Ed mobleys post, but never saw any pictures. Did you do it? email me any info or send me your phone number and Ill call you. Thanks

Rich Fedor new member
lincoln1958@earthlink.net
813-929-3405

Jonathan Riley #13576

Hi Rich,

I just Emailed you some photos and a write up of what I did; which was exactly what Ed Mobley did.  

Jon Riley #13576

John binder

Ordered a set for my brothers 48 Chevy AeroSedan..

Absolutely perfect  They Just About Fell On
They even included an additional option for one of the lines as
apparentyl some cars were different from ours.

BTW We also ordered a stainless steel pre bent fuel line and that worked just as well

i believe i read they were now offering custom made E-brake cales as well  ASK !

Jeff Maltby 4194

I dont have a clue where their 1949 patterns came from, but only the shortest line (8") fit anywhere near right. Now to box them all up with my oem lines and send back, so they can get it right for me and everyone else in the future. I purchased the main fuel rail also which I havent uncoiled yet to compare to mine. I better do that wed but the thought scares me Ha ?

Capt Maltby si

Jonathan Riley #13576

I just wanted to let the club know that I purchased the Stainless Brake line set from INLINE TUBE for my 60 coupe deville and put them on myself.  The fit per origional and I was extremely satisfied.

It took some time to get the passenger side front line to fit and I needed to remove the driver side exhaust to replace the long line to the rear.  In addition, I used the origional junction blocks and the lines fit them properly.  

Jon Riley

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Jon,

I hope you told Inline Tube the same as you told us.

Manufacturers and suppliers also like to get good feedback.

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV.

Scott Howard

Jon, I have a 1962 series 62 conv. I purchased SS lines from inline tube. When I matched them with the originals they were dead on bend for bend.  Even when I had to straighten the main line from the MC to the rear junction block.  You have to lift the body off the frame. Take all the left side bolts out, and leave the right side in but loose.  You will only be able to raise the body about 1" or slightly more.  Here is where I screwed up.  Have a friend help thread the line down to you.  I did this by myself. It was pull it 6 inches and crawl out and adjust the top, pull it 3-4 inches and crawl out and adjust it. Well you get the point it took me 3 1/2 hours of this to get it worked down, around, & thru to the junction block.  When said and done it fit like painted on jeans. Perfect fit.  Oh yea, remove the exhaust too.  Good Luck! Scott Howard CLC# 22304