News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Mystery March Self-Starter

Started by Charles D. Barnette #1465, March 21, 2006, 12:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Johan,

Well, mine arrived today.

Similar wrapper as the SS, and definately not shrink-wrap.

Now, is there a problem if I return mine folded up in an envelope to save on the postage costs?

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Johan Boltendal # 158

Hello Bruce,

Glad you receibved this most important ballot booklet in time.
As to your question, sorry, but I wouldnt know,I think it doesnt matter, but why not sent it as proposed put a stamp on the reply card and you will be sure it arrives in time.Will it not cost less this way? Or do you want to save on stamps completely and keep the money for petrol these days?

Have a nice day, Johan

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Johan,

I have always had a personal problem with the way that Americans send their mail with the postage stamp on one side, and the other side visible for all the world to see.

And, with an important voting ballot, I cannot bring myself to send it this way.

How would I know that it hasnt been tampered by someone before it arrives at its intended destination.

In Australia, when we "Postal Vote", we receive the information in a sealed envelope, we complete the Ballot Paper, insert the completed Ballot in an Envelope, then sign a removeable flap on that envelope, then insert this envelope into another envelope, and then head for the post box.

Now, when voting, do we number the candidates from 1 to 20, or tick or cross the little boxes?

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Bruce, Just mark (check or x)the boxes and keep going until you get to 20; theyll count the total number of votes for each candidate.

Johan Boltendal # 158

Hello again,

That would be an interesting subject,not to comment the situation, but in the end it all comes down to how and were you were raised and what are the standards in that given situation. I can see your reluctance, I even feel the same way.

I post the card  the way its mend to and forget about it. Johan

Jack Mcilwraith # 10584

Just received my copy March 27.Both items in a large white envelope.

Tim Coy #11513

Hello Bruce,

Your point about electronic voting: As I understand, ballots are stored for a period of time and can be referred to later if necessary; therefore, e-mail voting would not work for this reason. Ballots are designed and printed in a special manner to preserve the integrity of the election.

Referring to your post about allowing the world to see who you voted for: nowhere on the ballot does your name and membership number appear. The ballot shows a U.S. Postal Service-verified address; the barcode at the bottom helps expedite the ballots within the U.S. mail system. If you wish to place your ballot in an envelope and mail it with no return address, I dont think Mike and Nancy would mind.

Tim

Bill Edmunds - #5484

Its OK if you wish to fold and mail your ballot in an envelope.  Theres no requirement that the postcard be mailed openly only that the only original ballot be submitted by the deadline.