News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Two David Coles

Started by Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397, March 29, 2006, 09:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I know that one or more CLCers will know the answer to a question Ive had for a long time. I often see David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research, quoted in news stories about the automotive industry.  Is he the son of the David Cole who, with Harry Barr, designed the 1949 Cadillac and 1955 Chevrolet V-8 engines and was later president of GM?

Sue 5125

David Cole is the son of ED Cole who helped design the Chevy V8 and was president of GM until 1974.  

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Thanks, Sue, for confirming that Ed and David were father and son and jogging my memory about the fathers name;as soon I saw Ed I realized my mistake.  An AARP moment, I guess.  

Sue 5125

Rusty,

No problem. That is easy for me to remember.  Ed Cole donated property for a Boy Scout Camp in Alger Michigan on the Rifle River.  My son camped there with his troop several summers and my husband joined them as Asst Scout Master many years also.  

The year my son graduated, he got a job at "Cole Canoe Base" and worked there the entire summer.  

Yes, he did get his Eagle Scout, too.  

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gee Sue,

I do hope that he didnt cause the Eagle that was Scouting too much before he killed it.   What did he use, a .22 to get his marksman badge, or a simple double barrel 12 gauge, both barrels at once?

I hear that those Eagles are protected over there.   Especially, the Balding type.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Sue 5125

Bruce,

To be sporting we had him use a muzzle loader.  

Sue