News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wanted: 1968 Cadillac heater control valve.

Started by Dale, March 30, 2006, 05:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Hi all,
I have posted this thread twice over the last year, so Im sorry if youve seen it before.

I need a heater control valve for my 68 DeVille with Climate Control. I have had great help before from people directing me to places where I can buy one. The problem is, nobody in the USA who has one of these is interested in posting it overseas. This is very annoying, and rather frustrating. Seems silly to me.

Anyway, if anyone knows somewhere that may have one of these and doesnt mind taking money from, and sending an item to some smelly low-down dirt-bag foreigner in Australia, please let me know.

Many thanks all,
Dale.

dale jackson 20895

Hi,

On the 1968 control valve. Can you buy that any auto parts or or where do you buy etc. If they easy to buy and you have paypal account etc I could do it for you.

I could buy you and have shiped to my house etc and I could ship back to you. I ship stuff overseas all the time using the us post office when I sale my 1959 thru 1964 parts on ebay.

I have shipped door handles to sweden and frange, Brake pads etc to germany, switchs to norway, 59 wheel well molding and 63 or 64 hubcabs to austutrlia. spare tire covers to autrila close to germany.  I sale lots parts overseas etc.

On shiping overseas its cheaper to use us post office becides ups or other companys etc. Let explain one thing some goverments tie some stuff with customs etc on imported stuff.  They will hold and delay it etc intill they check it out etc.

Its seems On all my ebay auctions I write in there I will ship internatiol etc. I sell more parts etc becides trying sell onley in usa. Check Out my name feedback and ebay name chevrolet454ss.

As mater fact I have 15 items On ebay and was list maybe 20 more On cadillac parts this week.

On an heater control valve On 1968 cadillac. I buy it for you somewhere . I need you help on that one etc since I dont know where to buy etc. If send me to an company etc I can get no problem .

Dale Jackson

Dale

Sounds great Dale. Here is a link to where one can be found....

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=394&searchfor=HeaterValve&ptset=A TARGET=_blank>http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=394&searchfor=HeaterValve&ptset=A

Does the link work for you?

I would like it air mailed to Australia. If you can do all this I would love to buy it from you. We do not need to use Ebay if you like, I am happy to PayPal you the amount straight to you. How does that sound? How much do you think I would owe you including shipping?

Thanks a lot,
Dale.
(Australia).

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Dale,

Firstly, let me tell you that a lot of Americans dont think that there is anyone else alive outside their own State, let alone their Country.

They know about the hoards coming from South of the Border, but then they dont class them as real people, ha ha.

But, there are some suppliers that for some reason, wont deal with anyone from Overseas.

But, I have found a lot of Companies, and individuals, that once they realise that we arent real aliens, sell me stuff, and lots of stuff, ever since 1976, when I first started buying perts from USA.

I have a large dossier of helpful Americans that just love to receive Australian Dollars, and also can be coerced into sending the parts to me by USPS instead of UPS.   UPS to Australia is the pits.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.  Wait on, I wonder if they actually know that Tasmania is a part of Australia.   Gee, I hope none of them are reading this.

Randall A. McGrew CLC# 17963

For SHAME, Bruce!  Of course we recognize Austalia as part of the world.  What Cadillac lover could not?  After all some of the best examples are in other countries where they are appreciated and not chopped. :D

Dale :  ask any of us and we will help. Dale, from Texas, is a good man.  You have support here!  GDay to you!

Would love to see pictures of your car.  

Sincerely,

Randall A. McGrew
Longmont, CO USA

dale jackson 20895

Bruce,

Ups wanted charge me over 360 bucks to me and my custmor one time to ship and set Wheel well molding to an 1959 cadillac to some place In austrlia or new zealand.

I just knew something from wrong and did not think he pay that and sent with us post office and It cost like 50 to 100 or less .

Your correct us post office is way to go for sure. On all my Internatiol shipments I use us post office instead Of ups after that.

I onley use ups on items that weigh over 50 pounds and super long trim items etc that the us post office will not take.

It seems these days even ups will charge maybe 5 to 20 bucks an box etc and packing materil.

I learned the best way is these days to avoid the use ups since there so expensive. If price the shiping way to high I learned the less parts I sale On ebay etc. Its like the peaple want that low priced shiping etc .

The onley Reason I sale parts On ebay since Dont need them etc for my 60 car. Its helps some On paying for parts and supllies I need to keep going on car.

Dale

Fred Garfield 22310

>> I wonder if they actually know that Tasmania is a part of Australia.<<

Tasmania? Isnt that where this guy comes from?

http://oseb79.free.fr/images/Serie,20cartoon/Taz2007.jpg TARGET=_blank>http://oseb79.free.fr/images/Serie,20cartoon/Taz2007.jpg

Fred Garfield 22310

Dale, its almost never a personal thing when a US seller wont ship abroad. It usually just means these orders were plagued by enough problems that it wasnt worth the business anymore -- irate buyers complaining that the shipping was too slow, the item got lost in transit, the USPS didnt pay off insurance fast enough, the color was not what they thought it would be and they want to return it at sellers expense, etc.

Also, some customers insist that the shipped item be declared to customs as a "gift" or as something else that it is not, so the duty will be low. This puts the seller, who wants to stay in business, in a bad position. And there are other problems. Just a few bad customers like this and the seller decides that its just not worth the time and aggravation. Are there difficult customers like this in the US? Of course there are, but its a lot less complicated, costly and time-consuming to deal with the problems they create.  

In other words, except for a few nutcase jingos, its almost always a simple business decision. Personally, I like doing business with Aussies. Theyre down-to-earth and friendly. They also make excellent wines. I even like John Howard -- except for his bizarre phobia about firearms for self-defense, but thats a whole different subject.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Fred,

Yep, that is the little fella, but he doesnt go around in circles, like in the cartoon, but is a lot worse in real life.

Never try to pat one, or you wont need to wear gloves to keep your nonexistent fingers warm.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Dave Funnell #14565

Dale, Is this the valve that sits on the firewall on the hose that goes to rhe heater core?
I had to replace this many years ago when I owned a `68 SDV and found the same part was used on Holden Statesman.WB model I think.
If this is the part check out your local GMH dealer.

Dave.
Adelaide,Australia.
`60 CPE.

Dale

Hi all,
Thanks for all your comments and help everyone.
Steve, thanks for the three links, but all three have either discontinued it or dont ship outside the USA.
Dave, yeah I heard the same thing about the WB unit and went and checked it, but they are different. The WB item has one vacuum hose, the Cadillac item has three.
Bruce, your thoughts were pretty much what I was thinking, but I wasnt game to say it. I had one Ebay seller once tell me (in response to me checking first if he would ship to Australia) that he "didnt ship to 3rd world countries". He was nice (not). Funny though, I have shipped items to the USA quite a number of times.
Dale Jackson, thanks for trying to help. Dale Jackson has been searching for one for me, but hasnt found it yet. And yes, Dale seems to be a very nice man.
Anyway, I hope one turns up one day, and the people who have it can be enlightened enough to ship it to some far off land where the people have two heads and eat their own children.
Thanks a lot. Dale.

Dale

P.S.
Randall, there is one pic of my car on this clubs website in the photos section. Or check out http://www.classicstyleservices.com.au TARGET=_blank>www.classicstyleservices.com.au The reddish/burgundy Caddy is mine.
Cheers, Dale.

Dale

P.S.
Randall, there is one pic of my car on this clubs website in the photos section. Or check out http://www.classicstyleservices.com.au TARGET=_blank>www.classicstyleservices.com.au The reddish/burgundy Caddy is mine.
Cheers, Dale.