News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Deciphering 1955 Cadillac historical data

Started by Angelo Van Bogart, March 31, 2006, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo Van Bogart

Hello,
I originally posted this message in the General Discussion area, but I meant to post the message in this forum (oops!).

Im hoping someone can help me decipher the information I received from the Cadillac Archives regarding my 1955 Series 62 coupe.

The outlet code for the car reads FAC, and one of the archivists penciled in Factory account; cars in company use. I was wondering if anyone knew how cars were used by the company, by whom they were used, and then how they were sold off. I know from the information provided that the car was fitted with a license plate frame per Michigan standards, so the car at least spent its early years in Michigan.

When I bought the car, I was told it came out of California, and its extremely solid and particularly clean underneath, which made me believe the gentleman I bought the car from wasnt giving me one of the old salt-belt car sales tales we hear so often in Minnesota.

Since the car in question is a very well preserved and unrestored car with no rust and 133,000 miles, I have a hard time believing it spent any significant length of time around Michigan.

Finally, I was hoping the information would explain the presence of the T located on the trim tag a 1/2 inch to the right of the Trim Code of 47. This mysterious T is not explained in the packet of information I received from the Cadillac Archives, and I was hoping that someone could explain it. The car does have seat covers, which look to be period correct and professionally installed; could the T represent the seat covers? I had a book of Cadillac accessory seat covers from 1954, but not 55, so I cant match the pattern.
Sorry for the long note, but any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Angelo