News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC WEBSITE

Started by DJW#13918, March 31, 2006, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJW#13918

Has anyone else noticed the level of activiy on the CLC web site? I go to the CCCA, AACA and a host of other sites and see messages from back in November and December with no further input. I go to the CLC site and see hundreds of give and take conversations each week! Amazing!!! It gives me hope to see all this activity, give and take, and just great technical advice from this group. Not a week goes by that you dont see input from our officers and technical advisors say nothing about our friends from down under and other international affiliates. What we lack in numbers we surly make up in quality and enthusiasm. Keep it up, we are all better off for the effort.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Was your "surly" a typo, or reference to some of the comments???

David #19063

Yes DWJ,

I have noticed that too.  Even though the BCA and the OCA are must larger groups than the CLC, their forums dont seem to have as much traffic.

David

Randall A. McGrew CLC# 17963

It has gotten quiet on the AACA site but they still have quite a lot of traffic.  Most of the recent stuff is in the BCA and OCA forums, plus the General AACA forum.  I think these things go in cycles.

DJW#13918

Touche Sorry to say it was just a typo. I would like to take the credit for being that clever, but I will have to tip my hat to your sharp wit for a clever interpretation. You "surely" were more awake when you read the post than I was when writing.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

I dont know. I was getting really sleepy, really early last night. And well miss an hour tonight. First Daylight Savings Time in thirty years in Indiana. It will save my wife having to read the tiny "second" Central time line in the TV guide time slots for the summer, and we are now continually on the same time as my son in VA. When my daughter was in IL on CDT, as well as my son in VA on EDT, and we were always on EST, it was a real mess, trying to keep track of who was on what time.

Rhino 21150

I find it a lot easier to get excited by a 1938 V-16 than a 1932 Austin America. Of course, that King Midget I saw was VERY cute. Put one in my trunk, and I only have a 5019! Imqagine if I had a BIG Caddy!

Dave Lickel #18575

I would say that our traffic is higher here due to the fact that we are dealing with two specific makes.  The others are dealing with all autmobiles built over the last centry. So you would have to spend far more time searching for posts pertaining to your specific interests. There are plenty of other clubs that deal with a specific make that probably people will search first before going to the AACA Website.

We have a terrific resource here that allows us to communicate with people who appreciate Cadillacs & LaSalles from all over the world.  I have only recently begun checking the posts on a daily basis and have been searching for older messages that apply to vehicles that I own or have an interest in.

Dave