News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Converting 1962 front clip back to a 1961

Started by Jack Miller, April 01, 2006, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller

Hi All,

I really need some help here. Is anyone here familiar with the difference between the front of a 1961 and a 1962 Cadillac?
When I bought my 1961 Convertible it had a 1962 front clip on it.
I bought the top of the fender stainless fender trim and turn lamps. I bought a 61 grille and headlight assemblies for both sides. I bought both finned under fender grille extentions where the cornerning lights on the 62 were. I bought the 2 corner bumper ends with lamps. I dont think that I am missing anything except the holes on the fender plates (behind the headlamps) that the headlamps mount to are different. Are they the same pieces with different holes? Should I just mark and drill the correct holes for the 61 headlamp mounting bolts to go through or are the back panels diffferent?
I cannot find out any info on this.
I have the 1961 Master parts list, I have crash sheets from 2 different companies and none show behind the lamps.
I pulled out today the 62 headlamps, the cornering lamps and the top of the grille. The mountings look different.
Tomorrow I will remove the bottom of the grille and the bumper.
Can I please get some help?

Thanks
Jack Miller
1961 Cadillac model 62 Convertible

Angelo Van Bogart

I didnt see you mention the center portion of the front bumper in your post, and youll need it since the 62 grille mounts to the top center portion of the bumper, but not in 1961. I have this section of the bumper, and you can have it for free if you dont already have one. Just drop me a note.
Angelo

Jack Miller

Angelo,

That would be great if I need it. My center of the bumper is perfect. Can I put my 61 grille on it or will it not fit?
I know that the 62 mounts to it and the 61 grille does not. I am hoping that the 61 covers the holes.
What shape is your 61 center piece? And if i need it how do I get it here?

Thanks
Jack

Jack Miller

Hi All,

I just located headlamp back mounting plates for the 61. I hope that is all that I need. Once I receive them I have to figure out how the front goes together. Any info is helpful.

Jack