News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Front Wheel Seals

Started by John #22631, April 01, 2006, 07:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John #22631

Hi All,
   Does anybody know of a reputable supplier for front wheel seals on a 59 SDV. I found all of the rest of the parts at Rock Auto, but they dont carry the seals.
   Any thoughts?
Thank You.
John

Geoff Newcombe #4719

I got mine for my 60 on ebay, but USA Parts Supply has them all day, 703-335-1935.  Their part number is 6.326G for 58/59 All exc. Commercial chassis - $26.91 (2004 catalog, thats each Im sure).  They have them for the commercial chassis too.

Randall A. McGrew CLC# 17963

Try Coopers Vintage.  Google it ... http://www.coopersvintage.com/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.coopersvintage.com/

They have them listed on their webpage. :)

John #22631

Thank you Geoff,

I found them at Coopers for $8 each plus shipping of course.

There is a great group of people on both the CLC and MCLC.

Thanks, John

Geoff Newcombe #4719

MY!  Thats what I call a major price difference!  I personally have had good luck with USA Parts but will certainly check their price against Coopers from now on.

Roger Zimmermann #21015

Suppliers...Here in Europe, its about the same as for Australia. We are nothing and, with some welcome exceptions, we are handled like white negros!
Some vendors are so arrogant, its a wonder they are still in business. (GM was once also arrogant, they may disappear silently...) Coopers Vintage parts has a good choice for parts; unfortunately, they are totally disorganized: I ordered some parts to them via e-mial, then confirmed with a fax. As nothing came, I phoned and got following statement, after they search a long time for my fax: its going out nextweek! was the answer 3 months ago. Never seen the parts, nor was my credit card debited.
RockAuto: they only ship abroad with UPS or Global express; the shiipping costs are 2 or 3 times the value of the parts. Kanter is a terrible company; to have results with them, you have to be totally impolite. It seems that people in the USA are doing so good business that they dont need abroad customers. And, Im also sure, all of them buy the same crap from Taiwan or China or else.
Its sometines disgusting to try to maintain in a good shape US cars when one is not located in the USA.

Roger
Switzerland

John #22631

Geez Roger,
   I sure hope it doesnt take that long to get me two lousy wheel seals. Ive never dealt with Coopers before.
   As for Rock Auto, I have purchased a few things from them with no problem. Had the parts in 3-4 days. Correct fit and as ordered.
Id like to get this project finished. Classics are to drive, not sit in the garage looking pretty.
John

Fred Garfield 22310

Roger, would you like some cheese to go with that whine? ;-)

Phone or email these people --

Jacksons Auto Parts
6220 Grand Avenue
Duluth, Minnesota  55807

M-F 8AM-5:30PM Central
Sat 8:30AM-1PM Central

1-888-399-7278
sales@oldtimeparts.com

Very polite, reliable. Family owned for decades. Maintain their own machine shop operation. They sell on ebay under gmoldtimeparts but they also carry vintage parts for Chrysler, Hudson, American Motors, Ford, etc.

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

Fred, you may keep the cheese but your wine is welcome, as long its a red one!
Thank you for that address; I dont know these people but will certainly give them a chance. I never go on ebay; I hate that kind of business even if many people are positive about this system.
According to my experience (and Im importing parts since 20 years) large companies are a mess and small ones are very competent and helpfull.
Only recently I tried to expand my suppliers source; Rockauto and Cooper Vintage will be avoid.
Roger

Fred Garfield 22310

Ive had no contact with Coopers Vintage, so I have no opinion of them.

Rock Auto sent me the wrong sizes heater/radiator hoses on my first order. So I no longer do business with them.

Ebay is the Wild West. Ive done well there, but its not for everybody.

Jacksons Auto Parts and Machine, Inc. has always been a superb supplier. Good quality, very reliable.