News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Braughm Limo?

Started by Fred Garfield 22310, April 04, 2006, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Garfield 22310

You decide.

Jerry, Im sure your input will be fascinating on this one.

John #22631

Fred,

THAT,is a pretty car. If the horn ring was there it would complete what we could see of the interior.

I wonder if he would take a 70 Conv in an even up trade? Id even drive it up to him at no charge!!

John

Fred Garfield 22310

Great idea, John! No harm in asking. I think we could all think up good questions for him. ;-)

John #22631

Fred,
He has 7 days and some hours to go. IF, the car is as advertised he shouldnt have a problem selling it. Before I made a purchase like that, the investment of a plane ticket would be in order. It already needs rims and hubcaps to rid the car of the ghetto look. Too few pics to make an informed decision. You would definitely have to see the car in person. Drive it too!

Photo shop can hide a lot.

Still, as a wedding car, it could pay for itself in not too long of a time. I wish I could have been taken away in a 59 Limo. Me, Id probably tell the driver to get in the back so I could drive it.  ;)

John

Jerry

Eeeew!  What are you guys talking about????   Even with crummy photos that is one nasty interior!  Warped painted dashboard, paint on the stainless trim and door striker, cheap redo on the door panels, missing weatherstrip, etc.  Check out the cloth beading around the passenger rear door it is frayed and worn out.  If the car was completely restored and repainted as seller indicates that should have been replaced.

Again, photos usually make a car look a lot better than it really is.  If any car on Ebay has many visible flaws you can be sure that there are lots more when you see it in person.  I can guess that the engine compartment is as boogered up as the interior.

Unless that car has a SO tag - I would seriously doubt that white interior is a factory color. But I guess if you were only interested to have a non-original car for wedding service, etc. then the car may be fine after some work.

Dick Heller

Isn’t it a funeral limo?

denise 20352

> Check out the cloth beading around the passenger rear door it is frayed and worn out. If the car was completely restored and repainted as seller indicates that should have been replaced.

The seller did say that the car was restored just before he bought it.  Maybe he bought it in 1963?

-denise

robert

Wheres the pics of this car? Id like to see what all the chat is about.. Can anyone email it to me  Mad4cars@aol.com?

JIM CLC # 15000

04-07-06
Robert, Go to Fred Garfields post, dated 4/04/06 @ 5:09 PM The ebay info is there.
Good Luck, JIM

John #22631

He is up to $13,400 as of this post with 14 bids on it.

There is a butt for every seatcover!!

John

Fred Garfield 22310

Dont know, Dick. Im not conversant with automotive protocol at funerals. Is there a difference between the limo you would ride to a funeral and the limo you would ride to an art opening with high-end hookers, guzzling champagne?

John #22631

I would figure the funeral limo to be black. And the wedding limo to be white. Now about the Hooker limo, I have absolutely no experience with hookers, but one would think they would get into anything that had GREEN inside!!! LOL
John