News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1938 fenderwell covers

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC #20850, April 04, 2006, 07:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

My Master Parts book does not cover 1938 models.
Does any know if the fenderwell covers for a 1938 series 75 will also fit a series 60s? What about 1939 and 1940 series 60s?
Thanks,
Bob B.

Bruce Berghoff - CLC 1476

Robert... Your 38 Series 75 covers will overhang the fender cutouts in the 38, 39, and40 60S by about two inches. You might also find them to be a little wider. As I recall the length dimensions of the covers are roughly 32 for the small series cars and 34 for the large series. When people are selling covers on Ebay they rarely mention the size or Series of vehicle they were removed from. Ill bet there are some great surprizes ! Reminds me of a 40 LaSalle grille I bought at a swap meet one year from a guy who sued his plater claiming the guy shrank the grille two inches. The owner had purchased the grille not knowing that there was a difference in size between Series 50 and 52 grilles... then sent the newly acquired grille to the plater without fitting it to his car. When it came back...SURPRIZE !!!

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

Thanks Bruce.
 There is a pair on E-bay that look very nice, but I was afraid to bid on them until I knew.
Bob B.

baxter culver #17184

I measured the openings in my 39 60S (the covers are off--doing engine work) and they measure:  31 1/2 length, 8 5/8 width.  Compare these with yours and use them to ask the eBay seller what his dimensions are.