News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Porter

Started by George UK, April 07, 2006, 06:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George UK

What happened to Porter. I dont see much imput from him nowadays.
He was a good guy, sent many pictures to me of his restos.
I hope he hasnt left the site.

John #22631

Hi George,
He hangs out on the Modified site more that anywhere else.

But have no fear, he is still around!!!
John

JIM CLC # 15000

04-07-06
GEORGE, Porter lives where the snow gets ddeepp.
George, do you live near LAKENHEATH, ENG.??? I knew a GEORGE there in 1958,59
Good Luck, JIM

George UK

Sorry no.
I live in Wales, its a seperate country from England.
I was originally from Liverpool, England.
Home of the Beatles you know.  "Yeh yeh"

Porter 21919

Jim: we hardly had any snow this year and the garage will be open today.

George: Stampie started the http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org chapter so most of the troublemakers hang out over there now. There is one condition for membership, you have to have a post get deleted here at the motherboard first, then you are an official bad boy and can start building your slightly modified Cadillac with a front disc brake conversion, HEI upgrade, custom paint job, etc.

Porter

George UK

Yes I get it.
I dont believe in censorship either.

Porter 21919

George,

More of a tongue in cheek joke, the moderators have to use their disgression when it comes to deciding what is appropriate content here on the forum.

They do a good job and there are rules and regulations pertaining to the message boards.

We all prefer factory cars, some of them are too far gone to justify that type of restoration , any type of modification that can be reversed really does no harm to the car.

The modified chapter is just an addition to the CLC, we are all the same when it comes to Cadillacs. Some of us are just wealthier than others or like to tinker with our cars, or have no interest in trophies.

Porter

Mike #19861

Then how come Im there so much too? Iv not had a post deleted here yet. What does it take to have that done?

Mike

Porter 21919

"Then how come Im there so much too? Iv not had a post deleted here yet. What does it take to have that done? "

Mike

You have to start pushing the envelope, strike a nerve.

For a wimpy post delete try the buy/sell board and dont include a $$$.

LOL,

Porter

Steve Crum, FORMER CLC#20999

Or better yet mention curb feelers!

John #22631

Or even better yet, open your big mouth (or keyboard) and bash someone without knowing the whole story, like I did. It lasted about 3 hours before it was struck down.

I still say that crow tasted lousy. But sometimes you just have to say your sorry, and be a man!!

John

Fred Garfield 22310

Steve, Ive brought up curb feelers, opera lights, continental kits, leopard skin interiors, gangsta wides, bug shields and every other kind of cheesy, tacky customization and have still been denied the deleted posts to which Im entitled.

Actually, if I could find enough real leopard skin, I would definitely do up the interior in my 59.

Porter 21919

Fred,

You missed all the fun a few years ago, Mix Romero was looking for flamethrowers for his 96 Cadillac and somebody posted an eBay listing for the infamous "Cincinnati Bullet", a 59 SDV with a cyclops fin on the tailgate, way over the top too funny.

Both of which threads were deleted, and the Tassie Devil(le) of Tasmanian fame was in on the action bigtime, besides myself.

Porter

John #22631

Fred,
If you put leapord skin in a 59 Cadillac, Ill figure out a way to delete you and I have NO power at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John

John #22631

THAT, Had to be the thread of all threads.

Porter 21919

We were having too much fun and the moderators had to put a stop to it, violation of the message board rules.

Im digging up a picture of the "Cincinnati Bullet" and will post it at the modified chapter, brace yourself and please sit down, by all means.

The other classic is when they graft the 59 fins on to another car, and those hideous couches, outta be a law against those morons. Like fins sticking out of the front of the couch are safe, wheres Ralph Nader when you need him.

Porter 21919

AKA 59 SDV tailfin cyclops, pictures are up at the Modified Chapter, I found them in the database.

Brace yourself, not for the feint of heart, view at your own risk.

Fred Garfield 22310

I seriously considered the flame throwers for my 59, but had to reluctantly let them go. Too close to the gas tank and in my area totally illegal. Harley Earl would have loved them!

Thanks for the cyclops exhibit. As Higgins would say, its flawlessly vulgar!

Fred Garfield 22310

LOL! And not just leopard skin, but loud jungle sounds on the horn circuit.

Porter 21919

Glad you enjoyed it Fred.

"Come on down" anytime if you have any modifications in mind, or want to talk shop or have a good laugh.

My new project is a 67 CDV ( 45k miles ?)offered to me for free , it runs great but has some rust issues,(many of which have been dealt with already and all new brakes) great Rat Rod material, custom paint low rider,the "Evil Sister" car to my nice proper factory restored 66 CDV, "Cadzilla".

Stampie keeps pushing for ghost flames on the 67.

Porter