News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle trim code

Started by Allan, April 12, 2006, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone has the proper book to decode Trim #53 on a 1940 Lasalle 5219.

Thanks,
Allan

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

This is a grey-green bedford cord, according to the Master Parts Book for 1949. You should be able to get a close match from Bill Hirsch, or one of the other upholstery suppliers.

Allan

Brad Ipsen CLC#737

LeBaron Bonney has an almost perfect match to this Gray-Green Bedford Cord.  Ask for a sample of 3-BC.  The matching plain cloth for door panels and headliner is 8-LM.  Every lot they get varies somewhat so if you get a sample you need to buy if you are satisfied with it.  Through the years during the restoration of my 40-60S I would get samples.  It bothered me that they would vary some but when it came time to buy the one they had at the time was right on.  I had quite a discussion with them one year at Hershey.  The explanation is all in the volume that they buy.  If they could buy in larger quantities they could get it made exactly like the original.  By necessity they are dealing with small mills in relatively small quantities.  They are unable to duplicate the material exactly.