News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

SpyShots 2008 CTS

Started by Sue 5125, April 24, 2006, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

denise 20352

Looks like a cross between an Audi and a 67 Datsun.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

With a lot of Pontiac Aztec thrown in for good measure.

Peter CLC 19666

Instead of making a sedan look like a coupe, they should just MAKE a coupe! Id love to see them make the CTS a 2 door and call it either an Eldorado or a Coupe DeVille...then Id be in the market for a new Cadillac to join my 2 CDVs!

Dale

I think this is a good example relating to the other thread about what we miss about old Cadillacs. To me, this new thing looks like another modern grey clone. It could be a Honda, or an Audi, or a Hyundai for all I know. Who cares?
One of the things I miss most is chrome or metallic highlights anywhere. It wasnt that long ago (1990s) when Cadillacs still had stainless trim etc. That all seems to be gone now and they just blend in with all the other econo-mobiles on the road.
BORING!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

I agree Dale,

But, just another boring, partially covered up front and rear in an attempt to lure the press to gain free publicity.

If they really wanted to perform undercover testing, they would stick the new parts in an old, or current version, and test all day long without raising an eyebrow.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.   If the interviewer had pulled off the cover, it wouldnt have been shown anyway.   The Companies would have never shown a pre-production vehicle in a live performance of anything.

P.P.S.   Plus, has the signs of a Government pulling at straws by releasing snippets of information, to keep the public interested.

Sue 5125

Quote from: Bruce Reynolds # 18992I agree Dale,

But, just another boring, partially covered up front and rear in an attempt to lure the press to gain free publicity.

If they really wanted to perform undercover testing, they would stick the new parts in an old, or current version, and test all day long without raising an eyebrow.

Bruce,

A couple Cadillac/GM guys came over from the Tech Center last year and gave a presentation at a Motor City Region meeting on the development of the Sixteen.  The guys explained that they installed the engine into a Suburban or Tahoe (and lengthened the front end to do so) and then drove it around the northern Detroit suburbs to give it some road test time before it was installed in the Sixteen.

I have previously posted about the Woodward Dream Cruise an annual event in the Detroit area.  The background is that "back in the day" when the Big 3 had real car guys working for them, the engineers, etc. would test drive their cars out on Woodward sometimes going up against locals with their hot rods.  

PS I like your mailbox.  

Sue

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

Too bad it still has no trunk (just like the 300).  When Cadillac comes out with another Eldorado, a 4-5 passenger convertible, and an attractive station wagon (oops ... crossover), then theyll be competitive again.

Don Boshara #594

Should get great gas mileage; looks like its going downhill.

Pete B. #16534

Incredible. A few heavily camoflaged spy-shots and you people think you have all the answers. I could have predicted every one of these responses. Time for me to make my escape once again - so long folks. Hi-ho Silver, and awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy.

Rhino 21150

The kicked up rump looks like a 37 or 38. The front looks like a "genericar" (tm) with an obviously new Cadillac grill grafted on. Might be fun to drive, though. The tail lights are typical Caddy, too small to see in summer sun.