News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

70 deville

Started by Art#22010, April 26, 2006, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art#22010

Hi fellas. thinking of buying a 70 Sedan    deville, seems in good shape. any tips on what to watch for on this model year. Any advise would be appreciated.  art

Lou CLC 19028

I would take a close look at the front suspension. Ball joints tend to go bad quickly. Take the car out for a ride and go up and down a couple of driveway aprons with the wheels turned. If the ball joints are bad you will hear/feel it. Check the carburetor for missing linkage and capped off vacuum lines. The most common body rot spots are just behind the front and rear wheels. TAKE THE SKIRTS OFF and get a good look around the wheel house for rot. If you see a lot of cut up wires under the dash be careful. A lot of butchery goes on under there when someone doesnt have a clue.. Thats all I got for you. The rest is common car stuff.... Good luck , Lou

Art #22010

beautiful , but to much.  Type in 1970, page 3 there is a 70 deville, take a look tell me what you think. Its tan or gold colored pictures taken half out of the garage.  Art

Lou CLC 19028

Be careful!!! Throw the claim of original out the window. That 70 has a 69 nose on it. Chances are, she was hit hard in the nose. The interior doesnt look right either. Usually a 1970 Cadillac fitted with leather seats would also have come with wood inserts on the dash and doors.

This is a "must see in person" car..

Tread lightly, Lou.

David #19063

Art,

This one is owned by a fellow CLC member as well.  Very good car with cold AC.

With classic cars, you are much better off spending a little more for a car that will cause you less grief.  If you buy a cheaper one in poorer condition, you will end up spending much much more money in the long run on it and have a car that still probably isnt as good as the better one was.

David

Art #22010

Dave are you speaking of the same car that lou is speaking of in the above thread?  Art
     The car in question is on ebay at but it now 4000

Art#22010

The caddy in question is ebay #4634582851. Lou says this is definatley a 69 nose clip.

David #19063

Art,

Yes, a 69 front clip and 70 rear.  Looking at the interior it was probably a Calais not a DeVille.

Stay away, more than likely teo wrecks chopped in half nd welded together.

David

Art#22010

Yes that one is a beauty but this being my 3rd caddy and after spending 25 gs on my 49 i want to wake up with all my body parts! Art

art#22010

Thanks so much to all.  Art

Lou 19028

Yep the ebay #4634582851 is the one Im responding to. That car has a 69 front bumper,grille,headlight assemblies, hood emblem and hood molding. I dont think the fenders are 1969 because there is no antenna hole on the top of the passenger fender. In any case it was definitely repainted because if you look closely at the front fenders you will see the fender emblems are gone and the mounting holes have been filled! Like I said be careful with this one.. It could be a good driver,but NOT original as seller claims.

Art#22010

Thank you so much lou, so very much. I owe you one. Art

David #19063

Art,

A near basket case money pit that is not turn key is much more of a divorce maker than a slightly more expensive better investment...with cold AC and a new conv. top.

David