News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Photos

Started by Norm, April 27, 2006, 09:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I was just reading a few comments in this forum on posting photos and have a couple of questions:  As I never see any pics in any of the forums, are they permitted?  Secondly, would that be open to everyone or "members only"?  If so, Iwould understand and I would also understand if there would be a fee.Thanks in advance, Norm

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Norm,

Good questions that I shall try to answer.

The current forum software we use does not have the option to attach photos to a post.  This is the main reason you rarely see photos in posts.  We have discovered,  however, that you can include a photo in your post using HTML IMG tags, but for some strange reason, this only works in 3 of our 4 forums (all but the General Discussion forum).  To include a photo using IMG tags, the photo has to be hosted somewhere already on the Net.

Since the vendor of this forum software has disappeared and support is non-existant, we are looking to migrate to the Simple Machines forum software package sometime before the end of the year.  This will give us the ability to attach photos directly to posts.  This is the same forum software currently used by the Modified Chapter of the CLC with great success.

We do have a seperate photo gallery which you can view and also upload photos of your car.  The photo gallery is available to everyone.  We dont discriminate!  You can find it at http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/cpg132/index.php TARGET=_blank>http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/cpg132/index.php  To upload photos into the gallery, click on the Upload File link at the top of the photo gallery page.  

The photo gallery has turned out to not be as popular as I had hoped.  I obviously need to do a better job of promoting it!

If you have any other questions, please dont hesitate to ask!

Jeff Hansen
Director of Information Technology
Cadillac-LaSalle Club

John #22631

Hi Jeff,

I applaud the actions of the club to change the software to
Simple Machines. It is very easy to use, even for people like me that are not so computer savvy.

Answering a "How do I" question using photos of the steps taken will I believe benefit all of us. Looking at a posted photo(s) while reading a reply greatly aids in understanding what the replier is trying to say.

It will also give our members a chance to "Show-Off" various sections, or the complete car.

John

P W Allen CLC#20193

Jeff,

The Simple Machines Software is Oh so much better than this. The sooner the better on the switch. My problem with the photos section, is the 100KB limit. No matter what I do with my photos, I cant seem to get them below that limit. So I havent been able to use it.

Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine.

John #22631

Paul,
 On the web, download a program called, "Picasa 2". It is free and solved all my problems for posting photos to a web page.

You can find it via Google search or at http://www.komado.com TARGET=_blank>www.komado.com
It will resize your pics as low as 56k, you have the choice on the size. And it does so automatically.
John

P W Allen CLC#20193

OK. Ill give it a try. Thanks.

Paul