News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Allante

Started by Bryan Thompson, April 28, 2006, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

Is it or is it not a Cadillac.
I need a convertable. 9 to 10 mpgs dosent cut it so a 70s Eldo is out of the question. I drive too dang much. Cant go with the 84 or 85 Eldos with the disposable HT-4100. Cant afford an XLR. OOOHHHH woe is me. What do yuns all think of the Allantes.
Thanks in advance for responding to my rambling.
Bryan

Michael Stamps 19507

I think its perfect for what you say you need.  I wouldnt get a northstar engine though.

Stampie

Geoff Newcombe #4719

The aging digital dash is troublesome and very hard to fine someone knowledgeable enough to repair it ...... so Im told.

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

Brian,
 As an alternative (in case you cant find an acceptable Allante), you might consider a late-model Eldorado convertible.I saw a nice one on E-bay just today for less than $19k.
Bob B.

Charles D. Barnette #1465

Yes, Allante is a Cadillac-a special Cadillac. Cadillac and Pinnin-Farina of Italy partnered up to produce an exciting sports car from 1987 to 1993. I own a 1987-the first one sold in Texarkana. The 1993 models had the North-Star engine and therefore is probably the most valuable. Cadillac in fact introduced the North-Star through the Allante. You will want to get an Allante with both soft top and hard top-you could delete the hardtop in buying the Allante in some years. Also in our club is a special section for the Allante along with the XLR. Charles D. Barnette