News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

single finger steering

Started by Rhino 21150, April 28, 2006, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

Denise has been looking for a car that steers with just one finger. I just drove one. Dont know what to think, though. It is a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. Marvelous double overhead cam V-6, silky five speed, rides like a luxoboat. And a dealer dumped it for $4K. Even had a decent repaint. Japanese still make sorry paint.
Hmmmmm......

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

I always thought the prize for the single-finger steering went to Chrysler products of the late fifties - early sixties. No feel of the road at all and dont let your mind wander or youll be heading for a ditch. The steering feedback of my 96 Deville is so much better!
Bob B.

David #19063

Bob,

I agree with you, the 56 Chrysler Windsor HP I owned with the 331 Spitfire and 4bbl with power steering and power brakes was a one finger steering car.  They all came with a giant steering wheel like the manual steering cars but with a powerful power steering boost.  Like driving a yacht!

David

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, my 97 Ford Fairmont Ghia has "one finger" steering.   Plus, it is Rack and Pinion as well.

Plus, Id bet that Densie would just love to be driving it.   It is a very comfortable car, Full Leather Seats (Buckets with multiple Lumbar and seat adjusters)

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

Michael Stamps 19507

Silly Aussie,
  Ford hasnt made a Fairmont since the 80s and Ghia?  I think the last Karmann Ghia was mid 70s.

LOL,
Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Ah Michael,

Seems like you have been in USA for way too long.

Ford Australia started making the Falcon in 1960, and still continue to make the Falcon.

But, if you Americans could see what we have down here, you would be pestering Detriot to junk what they are making in USA, and start importing the Aussie fersion of a reasonably sized car.

Always has been RWD, still available with a V8, Turbocharged and EFI inline 6, and no such thing as a 4 cylinder or a diesel.

But, sorry, still 4 doors in the Sedan, a Station Wagon and a Ute. http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/
Plus a full range of factory performance vehicles. http://www.fpv.com.au/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.fpv.com.au/
and a range of Fairlanes and LTDs.

Both GM (Holden) and Ford here support fully auto racing and have factory supported racing teams.

Yes, I know we still have the stupid Focus and other small FWD cars, but I dont drive those.

Have a squiz at the websites and drool.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

P.S.   The Statesman is the closest thing we have here to a Cadillac.   Some say it is better than a Cadillac, but I wont be drawn into that.

P.P.S.   I drive a Falcon because I cant afford the same model Holden.   Plus, Fords are cheap down here.

denise 20352

I dont think it matters much what you or I want in a car.  If they finally succeed in getting the older ones off of the road, Ill probably just ride a bicycle.

Michael Stamps 19507

But Bruce we have tried your Australian cars.  Pontiac has been selling the GTO for a few years now.  Too bad they are going to stop because of poor sales.

Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Densie,

I can just see it now as I sing to Freddie Mercurys Queen version of "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Bicycles"

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

denise 20352

Rhino 21150

Single finger steering to fat bottom girls in ten easy steps. What a delightful collection of fruitcakes! I love this site!