News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac no sale

Started by Norm Ellis, April 28, 2006, 11:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm Ellis

Good people, I need help. Ive advertised my 1971 60S Fleetwood Brougham  for some time now and havent received one inquiry.  Is this such an undesirable automobile?  I think it is a gorgeous car and looks very impressive easing along between rows of unidentifiable people movers.  My personal feeling is that I  consider this car to be one of the last in recent times that stand out in its dignity.  With a six foot hood, its a real blast to drive (even tho this model doesnt have a top mounted hood ornament-too bad).  So, please tell me, what is this car worth if I cant get a response to $8,000?  Its really going to hurt if I cant get that.  I do have a vibration problem - havent identified it yet, but it will be corrected before sale.  The car is a "royal" blue, black vinyl roof (absolutely perfect), and a very pretty blue brocade  cloth interior.  Paint is very presentable, but may want to be re-done down the road. Would appreciate feedback from any of you who have handle on values (Ive tried to keep it ballpark of similar cars).  Thanks, Norm

Peter CLC 19666

Hi Norm....

I have a 72 Coupe, and can wholeheartedly agree with you of the wonderful attributes of these sleak and super long Cadillacs.

In my humble opinion:

a) since youre new to this type of advertising, may I suggest you go to your original posting of the car for sale and post a reply to your own post with just the word "bump" in it. This allows the posting you created to be moved or bumped to the first page where more people will see it. I scanned the first three pages of the CLC buy & sell pages and never found the original listing for the car.

b) perhaps the market is softening for our cars due to the sharp increase of gas? Filling the tank of these cars at $3 a gallon is not for the faint hearted nor for the casually interested! Personally, Im willing to pay the price of admission to drive these grand metal cars in a see of plastic jelly beans.

c) I cant speak for others, but I enjoy the hunt for the car...it took me 2 years of internet lurking to find my 72. So perhaps your buyer is out there lurking and hopefully theyll contact you soon!

Good luck!
~Peter

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Norm,
1. A HUGE car with a HUGE engine to feed; in my humble opinion the higher the price of gas, the less your car is going to be worth.  Most people have much more economical cars these days than your 71  and listen to how they are moaning and groaning over the price of gas.
2. Sedans have never been all that popular with the old car crowd, coupes and convertibles rule.
3. I would NEVER have mentioned the vibration problem, I would have just made sure it was fixed before offering the car for sale.  Too late for that now though, so get it fixed and offer the car for sale again and dont mention it, a strange vibration like that scares everyone off.
My 2 cents.  

dale jackson

Om selling cadillac. I had an 1976 fleetwwod 4 door for 600 bucks. I never could sell it since gas was 3 dollers per gallan. I am pro dealer. I tryed so many ads and no sale each time.

I did trade it as even swap for 1960 parts car. It seems days the onley cadillacs that sell or cars priced below market or any old 1959 or 1960 cars.

Your asking 8000 for car . Thats to much . Try puting on ebay for 3500 or 4000 becides 8000 . 8 grand is to much for hobbie car unless its coupe , or convertible.

DALe

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi,
Sounds like a nice car, I d like to someday get a 1972 Fleetwood with similair color combo, prefer all black, but its near the bottom of list, a 1996 Fleetwood and an Escalade EXT top my list right now, I do wonder how much gas prices effect the collector car market, I know on everyday Cads the price would drop and be harder to sell, but think about people buying a classic or collector car, they will probly spend $10-$25K for a car they may only drive a few hundred-thousand miles a year, so for 1 if they can pay that for a car thier only going to put low miles on I think they could afford $3 a gollon, and how much gas are they to use anyways with only driving it a few hundred miles a year?
I know Ill always drive a caddy no matter how high gas goes, Ill either cut corners in other ways or find ways to make more money of go from a Fleetwood Brougham to a smaller Cadillac.
Eric :)
1990 (Fleetwood) Brougham

JIM CLC # 15000

04-29-06
NORM, I had a 1971 SDV that was a super nice car. It seamed to use about 8 gallon of gas per hour regardless of speed, so, you can immaging I drove it fast most of the time.
Good Luck, Jim, Yes, I thank the 71 looks awsome.