News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 convertible Rear window split?

Started by Eric 21241, April 29, 2006, 12:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric 21241

Greetings,
I have been looking everywhere to see another 1937 Cadillac convertible coupe 60 series to see if the rear window on mine is original.
A friend questioned the window because the chrome frame has a center vertical split(matches the windshield, center split). The window is actualy very old yellowing in the lamination in the glass
I assumed it was original I havent seen enough to know for sure.
Anyone know?
Thanks in advance, Eric

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

Hi Eric, I think you have an extremely rare original rear window. It is 37 only. The glass, if original, will have a date code. You are very lucky. The first time a top was put on that window usually got replaced. HTH, Bob

Eric 21241

Thanks Bob, this is the best forum!
Ive gotten straight answers every time, At the moment the convertible top is down was driving today sunny here in California now.
Im sure its an original window by the seporating and yellowing of the glass. Ill look soon and see if the date code is there.
Eric