News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

No sale Cad vibration

Started by Norm, April 29, 2006, 09:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

To Jim, Dale, Eric Geoff and Peter:  Iwant to thankyou all for your comments and advice .  I know I posted thanks earlier today, but something new has developed, regarding the vibe problem.  My nightmarish thoughts of engine/tranny mounts, broken flywheel, bent shaft, etc. have been laid to rest.  Im not going into details, but the upshot is I found the clutch plates in the air conditioning compressor have broken off their pins and were turning in eccentrics.  Would you believe that such  a relatively minor item could cause such chaos.  Unplugging that part let that engine settlle down the the nicest, smooth, throaty purr Ive heard in some time.  And, yes, I do agree that the man who wants a collectible will pay, with grinding teeth what it takes to enjoy.  Thanks again, for taking the time and courtesy for your responses.  Norm