News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

door weatherstrip

Started by Louis, April 30, 2006, 06:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Hi,

I wunder if anyone here has experience with the door and trunk weatherstriping offered by this Ebayer. Just want to know if these products are good to use. I know that the original rubbers for the doors are 3 or more seperate pieces, also for the trunk.
If I wanted that I would go for Steele Rubber. But these are unfortunally much higher priced.

Heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-DOOR-RUBBER-1939-78-NEW_W0QQitemZ4635282288QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-DOOR-RUBBER-1939-78-NEW_W0QQitemZ4635282288QQcategoryZ10076QQrdZ1

Thanks,

Louis , The Netherlands, restoring a Caddy 1951 series 62 4d sedan.

Louis

Nobody ever used these ?

Louis

John #22631

Personally, I would shy away from Ebay sellers for this type of product. If you should need to return them for reasons such as incorrect fit, you might be stuck holding the strip so to speak.

Steele has a good reputation for supplying the right product for your car. Give them a call. You have nothing to lose but the price of a phone call.

John

Brad Ipsen CLC#737

I contacted them and asked if they had rubber for a particular model the same a such and such part number from Steele.  They had never heard of Steele Rubber.  That was enough for me.  If somebody is in the antique auto rubber business and has never heard of Steele Rubber I dont have much confidence.

Doug Houston

Im just looking up weatherstrip for my 41 Convertible. There is a line of replacement automotive hardware, and the brand name is Auveco. They have had several types of weatherstrip in various cross sections. The guy on eBay didnr even tell what the stuff looked like. The Auveco catalogue shows the shapes. It comes in 50 foot boxes, but it will be the best price.

The place to contact is Motor City Fastener, in Hazel Park, Mich. I havent the number here, but I think that the area code is 586. You may be able to have them fax a page of the catalogue to you.

I have an old Auveco catalogue, but Ill have to call them to see whats still available.

Rhino 21150

type auveco into Google. Its fun and informative!