News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Resolution of Perceived Plating Problems

Started by Bob Lapham, May 02, 2006, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Lapham

On April 28th I posted a message regrading Pot Metal Restorations in Talahassee FL, relating within it a problem that I had in contacting them to ascertain the status of an order that I had pending with them.

The problem was that in response to every call that I placed on that date I received a message that their telephone had been disconnected.  This was confirmed by the telephone company when they attempted to place the call as well as by a representative from Hemmings Motor News, a publication in which Pot Metal advertises.

The purpose was to notify fellow members about my concern that the company may have closed.

Yesterday (5/1)I received a follow-up email from member J.C. Osteen in Talahassee and from Hemmings indicating that were able to finally get through to the company and that the problem was in the telephone system and that, in fact, the company is still in business.  I called today to confirm that.

As I mentioned in the earlier message Pot Metal Restoration has done excellent work for me on my restorations so I am glad that they are not out of business as I will continue to utilize their services.  I would recommend their work to any member who needs to have pot metal redone.

Bob Lapham
CLC # 108

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Bob,

Glad things turned out okay in the end, and now they also have got some good free advertising to boot.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV