News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1970 Fleetwood

Started by ART #22010, May 06, 2006, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ART #22010

Any one care to look at ebay item 4636883574 and foster an opinion, feel free. Im interested in saving this car. Thanks  Art

Lou 19028

Well, Its not a bad car for the price BUT here we go with the "original" claim again.. This car is a repaint with some bodywork. If you look closely you will notice the aftermarket bodyside molding(which is a foot too short!!). The quarter and trunk emblems have been removed and the holes filled in. The interior is also reupholstered(not original pattern). I wonder why the seat buttons on the rear seat were installed on the seat bottom?  

Art#22020

Thanks lou, the advice help so much and i guess caution is the norm. thanks again, but I love the lines of that car. Art

Art #22010

Lou , if you would be so kind, please look at item 4637186896 and give me an opinion. love this style also and am looking for a car to tinker with and cosmetically restore when i retire in a few years. At your time of observation, what do you yhimk this car will sell for. Thanks Art

Johnny #662

Quote from: Art #22010Lou , if you would be so kind, please look at item 4637186896 and give me an opinion. love this style also and am looking for a car to tinker with and cosmetically restore when i retire in a few years. At your time of observation, what do you yhimk this car will sell for. Thanks Art

Of the two I would go for the 93. I share your love of the 70 fleetwoods, but even tinkering with them can be somewhat costly when it comes to parts as opposed to something a little newer.  A/C repairs in a 70 fleetwood, can be a real killer!  The 93 looks more "original" then the 70.  The early 90s broughams have a great reputation for dependibility.  Possibly because of the recent spike in gas prices, the seller wants to unload this land yacht and quick, so you might get it at a better price then the 70, since maybe the seller of the 70 feels like he has a desirable "rare find".

David #19063

Art,

I agree with Johnny, the 93 is a much better buy, even if it would end up auctioning for more than the 70.  In the long run, that paticular 70 would end up bankrupting your old car budget and sour you on Cadillacs.

David

Art#22010

Thanks to all, still waiting to hear from lou. I think I will go after the 93, parts will be around alot longer.  Thanks to every one Art

Lou CLC19028

Hi Art,  Johnny and David are right on track. Though I prefer the 70 body style, the 93 is the best deal. Good luck