News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 gauges

Started by George UK, May 08, 2006, 02:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George UK

Hello to all.
I have removed the gas gauge and temperature gauge from my 1959 Sedan.
The numbers are 5640221 and 1513649
Can anyone tell me which is which?
Please dont ask!

Wilkinson

Hi George,

I never heard from you again about the electrical problem you were having, so I would assume (hate that word) you got the problem resolved??

On to the guages. You must have removed them from the board circuitry and mixed them up. My service manual doesnt specify part #s, and I dont have a parts manual.

Pick a guage and hook it up to the Temp side of the cluster and read it. If the car hasnt been running the reading will be cold. Ground the lead off of the temp sending unit on the engine and it should peg it at the hot point. Or hook it up to the Fuel side and if you know approx how much fuel is in your tank the guage should give this reading. This is the way I would do it if I had to guess. Otherwise a parts manual will be your best bet. Hope this helps!!

John

George UK

Hi John
I just realized Wilkinson was you.
Sorry I didnt reply right away, we have been working away.Just arrived home worn out.
Thanks for the tip on the gauges.
I have just looked at my E-mails and I havnt absorbed your advice on the 59 yet.
Its early morning here 1 17 am.
I have not resolved the problem with the 59. I will try all your ideas as soon as poss, but I dont fancy putting an alternator there.

John #22631

Hi George,
No, Wilkinson is not me, it poped up in the auto-complete program of a search I was doing for a long lost friend. I must have clicked it accidentally, and there is no way to edit once you post, so I didnt worry about it.

I need to figure out how to erase all that auto-complete stuff. It gets annoying.
John

dale jackson 20895

Hi,

On those I took apart 5 clusters and I trying recrome and rebuild two or 3 three of them for resale. I was looking at them and wrote on them with marker .

5640221 is fuel ,  15133649 it temp.

Dale

George UK

dale jackson 20895

Cool, Good luck building it Dale