News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Courtesy Light Wiring?

Started by Rick Piazza, May 09, 2006, 05:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Piazza

Hi CLC Members,

My Cadillac mechanic is having trouble finding the wiring layout for the courtesy lights in my 1961 DeVille 4-door hard top?  He needs me to find a Fisher Body Manual but I was wondering if anyone knows how the wiring is layed out?  The courtesy lights work if you twist the head light switch all of the way or if you open the one back seat door.  One door only!  Can anyone help with the location of the wiring?

Thank you very much!

Rick Piazza
CLC #22770

John #22631

Rick,

The interior lights on my 59SDV operate weird too.

With the headlight switch rotated, the 2 in the ceiling and the one in the center of the dash light up.

L/F door open...door light and center dash light up

R/F door open...door light and center dash light up

Either rear doors open...2 ceiling lights and center of the dash light come on, but not the lower front door lights.

All door switches getting power, just lighting different bulbs depending on which door(s) are opened.

All 4 doors open...everything is on.

Ive seen body manuals on Flea-Bay. Sometimes original, sometimes repro.
Check   http://www.books4cars.com TARGET=_blank>www.books4cars.com  they have them. Around $50.00

John

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, my lights operate funny as well.

When the doors are open, the door lights work, and the roof lights only operate when I rotate the headlight switch all the way.

Mine doesnt have the centre dash light on, as in the conversion, that light isnt used, or it would shine up to the roof.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Rick

Thank you very much John!

Rick