News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1940 right-hand drive on e-bay

Started by Robert Bothwell CLC #20850, May 11, 2006, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bothwell CLC #20850

Saw an unusual 1940 Cadillac on E-bay today. It is in South Africa. It is a smaller series (NOT a 60s) with sidemounts and is right-hand drive. I wonder how much the shipping charges from South Africa would be?!
Bob B.

Doug Houston

I think that shipping charges from there to even NORTH africa would be enough to cause a stroke.

Lets hope that one of our Australian pals can buy it. It was probably an export car to  England.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Doug,

It could have been an export model that went directly to South Africa, and yes, it would be a very nice car to get, especially for someone in a Country that has the driver on the right (correct) side of the car.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Doug Houston

Well, the correct side of the car for the steering wheel on the right is if youre driving in reverse all the time. That would scare me!