News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Mothers Day Present

Started by Dan Conroy, May 14, 2006, 10:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Conroy

Sacrifice in the name of Mother’s Day.  I donated my 65 eldorado project car to the local salvage yard, now my wife gets to park her Nissan path finder in the garage.

Rhino 21150

For Mothers day 1969 I finished cutting up and disposing of the Fiat that was in front of the house. On her last Mothers day I gave her something she really wanted. I took the rest of the family away for the entire day. She sat home alone and did absolutely nothing. Thats what she wanted.

dave

What a bummer! Never thought Id see the day when a Nissan would win out over a Cadillac. Stop the world - I want off!!

Bill Gauch

Wow, thats a good present. All I got my mom was the ability to be called grandma in December. I can repair a house, restore a car, AND have a baby, right? :)

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

You guys have the right ideas. I gave my wife a nice Mothers Day present by NOT buying a 1941 Cad 6019S parts car.
These ladies put up with SO much from us. Hub caps under the bed, magazines you can NEVER throw away all over the house. A garage that is packed full of what we call priceless stuff and is junque to her.
They have heard it all...The next car is "the one youve ALWAYS wanted", and only needs a little bit of work to be mint...
Hug em for me guys. And try to get your wife at least ONE brand new Cadillac before you die. I accomplished that much at least.

Sue 5125

One year my husband asked me what I wanted for Mothers Day and just after I finished saying "not another car" the flatbed pulled down the driveway with a 42 Cadillac on back....  

Anyhow, I have learned to appreciate the car - especially since it is technically "mine".

NO - my daily driver never gets an opportunity to see inside a garage and most likely never will.  

YES - the daily driver is a Chevy truck NOT a Nissan, Toyota, Lexus or other foreign crap.