News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Painting and body work for 38

Started by Thomas E Wells, May 23, 2006, 08:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas E Wells

Well,

I have Katrina cleaned to the point of being ready for the minor body work and a paint job.

I got the engine running really nice, but it isnt pretty.  Should I pull the engine, repaint the engine and do it all?

I am on a limited budget, but want to do it correctly, and I just dont feel like I have spoken to the right shop or person yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get accurate information and get Katrina back to where she should be.

Thanks,

Thom

Lou CLC 19028

Should I pull the engine, repaint the engine and do it all?
Its not necessary to do every thing at once. You could pull the engine and paint that and the engine bay. You can seal that area off when it comes time to paint the exterior panels.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get accurate information and get Katrina back to where she should be

Yes, this forum is a good start. The other option is to go down to your local paint supplier. Go there in the afternoons so they could spend some quality time answering your questions.

Lou