News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

47 paint questions

Started by Bob 13906, May 24, 2006, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob 13906

I am restoring a 47 60S and have some questions.  My car is black,the engine comp. is also. Is this the same paint or a semi gloss? Are the nuts and bolt heads painted this color also? What about other components (radiator,manifolds,chasis,brake& suspension parts)? Where is a good source for these paints along with high heat engine green.   Thanks for the help.

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Bob- The best place to find the correct information on your questions is to buy from the Cadillac-LaSalle Club the Authenticity Manual for Class 12 which covers 1942-1947. The manual will tell you what should be painted, what color. It is invaluable if you are restoring a 42-47. If you have more questions or would like some pictures of a completed engine compartment, please email me and I will send pictures of my 47 or answer your questions.