News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Convertible top

Started by John C. Churchill, May 24, 2006, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John C. Churchill

Ive had more than a little difficulty locating a source for a proper replacement top for my 1964 Eldorado Convertible, which I am restoring "frame off."  It was originally a "triple" (Firemist) Aqua car, and I am attempting to restore it to those colors.  I cant seem to locate the maker of an "Aqua" top.  I would prefer canvas, if possible.  Any suggestions?  Im in western Arizona.  Im also a new CLC member, no number yet.  Thanks in advance.

John C. Churchill
jchurchill@rivcom.net

JIM CLC # 15000

05-24-06
John, Let me be the first to say, congratulation. Sorry, I do not know anything about tops.
I might make a suggestion thou. Put in your search engine, 1964
eldarodo top and see what comes up.
Good Luck, JIM

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

John,

As of five years ago, the aqua color was available. I received a sample when I was looking for the correct color green for my car. You need to look at the vinyl covered fabric materials, not canvass materials. The vinyl material is typically called “Diamond Point”. I suggest you contact a large local upholstery shop and restart your search.  If you can’t find it locally, try Jenkins. They had the aqua color at that time.

HTH,
Ralph