News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

4.5 million dollar 1962 Eldorado again

Started by Paul Zanetti, May 27, 2006, 03:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Zanetti

I just received an email reply from the owner of the ebay ($4.5 million) 1962 Biarritz (see , previous posting).

He tells me the car actually sold for $50,000. Another friend emailed me who said he also had a message from the owner who said the car sold for $49,500....a far cry from the $4.5 million shown on ebay.

So much for all our retirement plans, counting our millions from our Eldorados!!!!!

Oh well....we will just have to keep them and enjoy them!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Paul,

Maybe the seller was using the DaVinci Coding method to hide the actual price.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Paul Zanetti

Gday Bruce,

Yes, I wondered why it showed $4.5 million when the actual price is around $50,000????

There are other underbidders at $1.1 million, $700,000, $200,000 and $100,000.

So even if the top one or two bidders bailed out, there are other bids above the $50,000 sellers admitted sale price.

Is there something fishy going on here?

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Yep, we fell for it, hook, like and sinker.

Bruce,
The Tasssie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Paul Zanetti

Not sure the seller is trying to mislead, as he quickly told me the car actually sold for $50K, and also answered similar actual real sale price to a friend of mine who has a 61 Biarritz, wh also enquired.

So how does ebay justify placing $4.5 million?

And doesnt the seller pay some HUUUUGE commission on the listed $4.5 million? Arent ebay fees based on a percentage of sale price?

Cant see ehy he would want to pay some humungous commission for a joke.

Doesnt add up!