Author Topic: 1930 LaSalle Wood Patterns etc.  (Read 1263 times)

Frank Salmon

1930 LaSalle Wood Patterns etc.
« on: May 29, 2006, 02:48:15 PM »
1930 LaSalle - Is there someone out there who could help me find the patterns for the interior headliners, and wood framing?
Please help!  We have a beauty looking like a beast right now and would like to return it to its rightful and original glory.
Thanks for your help.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Re: 1930 LaSalle Wood Patterns etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:54:28 AM »
Hi Frank,
The answer is probably no. There are no patterns around anymore, nor anyone that knows what they look like.
You are in the same boat as I was. I am restoring a 1928 7 Passenger Fisher Special.  I managed to obtain some reprints of the Factory Workshop Manual for trim and Wood replacement and through plum lines, and welding , unwelding, rewelding, re unwelding, rewelding again of the metal panels, and reference to the printed material was able to rebuild all of the timber to resemble the original.  It took 6 months to do, and the results can been seen on the photos pages in the Photo Gallery on this web site. Loomk for 1928 models.
If i can be of any help please contact me on my email address, but do yourself a favour and try to obain a copy of the Body Manual. It is a great help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13