News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1930 LaSalle Wood Patterns etc.

Started by Frank Salmon, May 29, 2006, 02:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Salmon

1930 LaSalle - Is there someone out there who could help me find the patterns for the interior headliners, and wood framing?
Please help!  We have a beauty looking like a beast right now and would like to return it to its rightful and original glory.
Thanks for your help.

Ken Andersen # 21420

Hi Frank,
The answer is probably no. There are no patterns around anymore, nor anyone that knows what they look like.
You are in the same boat as I was. I am restoring a 1928 7 Passenger Fisher Special.  I managed to obtain some reprints of the Factory Workshop Manual for trim and Wood replacement and through plum lines, and welding , unwelding, rewelding, re unwelding, rewelding again of the metal panels, and reference to the printed material was able to rebuild all of the timber to resemble the original.  It took 6 months to do, and the results can been seen on the photos pages in the Photo Gallery on this web site. Loomk for 1928 models.
If i can be of any help please contact me on my email address, but do yourself a favour and try to obain a copy of the Body Manual. It is a great help.