News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Sagging visors..

Started by Steve Cole #22466, May 31, 2006, 03:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole #22466

The visors in my 1961 sag down a little too much despite the fact that the screw is as tight as it can be.

Anyone have any tricks to get them to behave as they should??

Johnny

Quote from: Steve Cole #22466The visors in my 1961 sag down a little too much despite the fact that the screw is as tight as it can be.

Anyone have any tricks to get them to behave as they should??

Its been many years since I had my 61 Fleetwood, but I seem to remember I might have had the same problem. I think my problem wasnt so much with the screw as it was with the rubber tip on the other side.  I think with the passage of time, the rubber tip weakened, causing the sunvisor to sag.  I think I found a replacement tip, and it went away.

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958

On my 71 Eldorado, the problem was with the nylon sleeve inside the visor that rotates the visor on the anchor assembly.  Sometimes these stretch or crack.  On my 68 Eldorado, the tips dried out and I bought replacements from Year One.

Ron Melville

I had a problem with sagging visors on my 68 Calais. I cured it by slipping plastic sleeves at the tips (at other end) of visors. I had a job finding suitable tips and discovered the plastic tip on the end of wardrobe shelving (here in New ZEaland we have powder coated shelving and on the ends of the metal are paltic tips) fitted perfectly! No probs since. Good luck - Ron Melville, Tauranga, Cadillac La-Salle Club of New ZEaland

Fred Garfield 22310

Fred Garfield 22310

Might even try that plastic dip for tool handles at the hardware store. If it can be thinned, youd have more control of layer thickness. Hmmm...