News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Worth it to go to Fri only of National meeting?

Started by Erik LaValle, May 31, 2006, 05:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik LaValle

I have the opportunity to attend Friday only of the CLC Meeting in Anaheim. Is it worth it? Would I get to see plenty of cars, see any swap meet offerings, etc.? Or is it Saturday only for that stuff?

Tim Coy #11513

Hi Erik,

When I went to my first Grand National (Dallas 1996), due to a wedding back home, we could only attend the first two days (Wednesday and Thursday). My family and I had a great time. The vendors are out every day and so are many of the cars. Its well worth your while to come to GN even if you can only stay on Friday.

I trust you already registered for the GN, as May 25 was the cutoff date.

Johnny #662

As a rule of thumb the closer to the show date on Saturday, the more cars that are in the area that can be seen albeit informally.  I would definetly take trip over on Friday to see what was around.

steven

I didnt think Id be able to make it on Saturday, so I didnt register.  But I can now go...  Do I have to have registered jus to walk around and look at the cars, or is that part of it open to the public?

Johnny #662

Quote from: stevenI didnt think Id be able to make it on Saturday, so I didnt register.  But I can now go...  Do I have to have registered jus to walk around and look at the cars, or is that part of it open to the public?

Boy are you opening a can of worms with that question!  Its one that comes up every year.  The short answer is go and enjoy the show.  I dont think anyone has ever been turned away from walking around and looking at the cars, free of any charge.  If it ever came to that, I would seriously consider cancelling my membership.  Part of the fun of being in the hobby is the showing of my pride and joy and talking about it.  Take that away, and I will just go to the local car shows and cruise nights in the area....

cliff wolpe

with your low membership number, what is your earliest cadillac yera/model that you have taken to a grand national show  i have a 72 coupe deville inhereted from my grandfather and have not joined the club yet

cliff

steven

Im glad I wont be turned away (hopefully).  My 41 is still in storage, after having moved recently, and I didnt think Id be home in LA, but my plans changed.  Im perfectly happy to pay and register, but it sounds like its too late.

Johnny #662

Quote from: cliff wolpewith your low membership number, what is your earliest cadillac yera/model that you have taken to a grand national show  i have a 72 coupe deville inhereted from my grandfather and have not joined the club yet

cliff

I guess you are referring to me.  I once had a 54 Fleetwood that I took to a Grand National, lately it has been my 85 Eldo. I am not sure if the low number really means anything about length in the club.  I joined in 1980. Putting things in perspective, when I joined in 1980 having a 1946 Cadillac, would be the same as you joining now with a 72 model, as far as age, both being 34 years old. I would strongly recommend joining the club for the knowledge and information you will be able to get.  Why not start off attending a meeting, if possible, of your local region.  Go and get your feet wet, and see if its for you.  I can assure you will be greeted by friendly people who share your interest in Cadillacs of all years.  It really dont cost anything to go to a meeting.  I am sure after being with other Cadillac folks you will want to join.  All clubs have events where you can show and use your car in all types of events.   Good Luck