News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 Caddy Brake linings

Started by Joe Bento #20081, June 03, 2006, 11:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Bento #20081

Howdy!

I am rebuilding my entire braking system and ordered the brake kit from Kanters.  They provided the brake linings and the rivits to attach them to my shoes.

How do I do this?

Is there a special tool I need?  If so, what is it and where do I go to get it?

Thanks!

Joe

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Joe-  I like to do as much of my own work as possible the same as you but when it comes to brake shoes and lining I let a brake shop apply the lining. Not only will they turn the drums, attach the right thickness of molded brake lining to the shoes but then arch those shoes to properly fit the drums. The extra that I pay the brake shop to do the lining for me is worth it as I don`t have the equipment needed for the job.You can still rebuild the rest of the brake system your self and have fun.