News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 cadillac upholstry

Started by Alex, June 04, 2006, 11:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

I recently bought a 1962 cadillac series 62 convertible. It needs new leather and I was wondering how much to buy.

Lucas F. CLC #15674

Hi Alex

Unless you will be doing the upholstery yourself that is a question for your upholstery shop to answer.

Congratulations on your new (old) car!

Lucas F. CLC #15674
1963 Series 62 convertible

Crin

Hi,
I own an upholstery shop and usually material comes in 60" widths and then is cut by the yard.  Some leather might vary but you can measure the seat leangth and width then multiply to get an area.  If the material is 60 inches theres 2160 square inches per yard.  Assume you will lose about 15percent of this for various reasons.

For standard bench seats that dont have any fancy designs on them I would say that you need 5 yards total (assuming 60" width).  I always like to have some room for error and usually order one more than what I measure so I would say 6 yards would be more than enough.

Hope this helps some,
Crin