News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Front seat back removal in a 47.

Started by Bob 13906, June 06, 2006, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob 13906

How do I remove the front seat back in my 47 60S ? Ive tried to lift the bottom and pull away( I can feel some type of clips holding it), Ive also tried to pry the top first, but no luck. The bottom lifted right out. I also want to remove the frame also, so I can remove the heaters. I removed the 4 obvious bolts to the floor, but the seat is still tight to the floor. Thanks for the help, Bob

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Bob- The seat assembly is attached to the 2 seat tracks by 4 bolts on the drivers side and 3 bolts on the passenger side. Leave the seat tracks attached to the floor and just remove the seat assembly from the tracks, then after the seat assembly is out, then remove the tracks. Two of the four bolts holding the left side of the seat assembly to the left track are obvious, one on the front of the track to the bottom of the seat assembly and one at the back end of the track plus to smaller bolts holding the front seat adjusting mechanism to the seat assembley. On the right side of the seat assembley are 3 bolts, the front and back like the left side plus one smaller bolt holding the releasing rod bracket for the right track to the seat assembly. Once you have all these bolts removed, make sure you have removed the chrome seat adjuster handle from the mechanism and with the help of someone, push the seat to the left so the remaining portion of the seat adjusting mechanism is clear of the seat and lift the seat and bring the seat out the passenger side of the car. This is is a heavy seat. If this still needs an explanation please email me and I will send you a picture from the parts book. Also be extremly cautious when you disconnect the wires from the underseat motors as the nuts are usually full of rust. The other end of the stud has a carriage type bolt with the head inside a plastic block. Twisting the nut will snap the connecting block so be verr slow and use plenty on 10-40 and soak the nut before you try to take off. Take plenty of pictures as you take the seat and heaters out of the car. Have fun and email if you need any more help.

Bill Ingler #7799

I forgot to add what the book says about removing the front seat back cushion. 1 Remove the front seat cushion. 2. Straighten out metal retaining tabs at bottom of seat back cushion 3. Pull seat back cushion out at bottom and lift up to disengage it from cushion hangers on seat top rail. Reverse the procedure to install.