News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bruce.You only use water in your radiator.

Started by Dave Funnell #14565, June 18, 2006, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Funnell #14565

Hi Bruce,
I was interested in your answer to Marcus that you only use water in your radiator.
Now I know you`re a pretty cluey(flattery will get me everywhere:-)
so I was wondering if you`d had any problems with other coolants?

Dave.
Adelaide,Australia.
`60 CPE.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Quote from: Dave Funnell #14565Hi Bruce,
I was interested in your answer to Marcus that you only use water in your radiator.
Now I know you`re a pretty cluey(flattery will get me everywhere:-)
so I was wondering if you`d had any problems with other coolants?

Dave.
Adelaide,Australia.
`60 CPE.

Dave, Dave, Dave,

I can understand your reticence to use the water that you get in Adelaide for anything.

The Water in Tasmania is as pure as the driven snow, and as I dont live up in that stuff, I dont need to use antifreeze.   Engines with Aluminium Heads are a different matter, and so is a computerised car where the water temperature bears so much with the tuning.

When I need to top up my batteries, I pour a container of water from the tap, let it stand for a few minutes till it settles down and the ripples have gone. say to myself, now dis water is still, and it goes into the battery.

My Batteries on average last around 8 years geforte they start to deteriorate, so it cant be all that bad.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

P.S.  And I drink the stuff that comers out of the tap.   No bottles water for me, in Tasmania that is.