News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

`29 La Salle Microphone Placement

Started by Bob Lapham CLC # 108, June 23, 2006, 02:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Lapham CLC # 108

I am restoring a 1929 La Salle limousine. The question that I have  pertains to the storage of the rear seat microphone. Unfortunately, the previous owner pulled the interior upholstery out of the car during his disassembly process and didnt save it.

The microphone is a reel/spool type of assembly (similar to the lighters for the same year). There is a wooden bracket built into the bodys frame at about shoulder height just aft of the right rear quarter window.  The spool casing into which the microphones wire retracts fits into this bracket.

My questions is actually a two parter: one, how does the wire exit through the upholstered side panel in that area and two, how is the microphone stored?  There is no hook nor eyelet on the microphone casing so apparently it was not hung and, I suspect, it was not allowed to swing free in the rear seat area.

I would appreciate hearing from any member who has either experience in dealing with this issue or who might have literature of any sort (the Shop & Body manuals and Technical Bulletins that I have do not show this) in which the system is demonstrated.

Thanks
Bob Lapham CLC # 108