News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"Le Mans" million-dollar ad

Started by Yann Saunders, 12588, June 26, 2006, 08:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yann Saunders, 12588

I was contacted by Frank Corrente (CA) who denies having advertised for sale, in 1999, for ONE MILLION dollars the modified (in 1959) 1953 "Le Mans" roadster.

Do any of you recall having seen that ad? Im guessing it was on eBay, but Im not 100percent sure. The ad specified the mileage which was about 200 more than when he advertised the car, in 1997, for $375,000 (by his own admission).  

Here are the eMails we just exchanged:

HIS eMAIL:  [[L Corrente <correntel@sbcglobal.net> wrote]]: Mr. Saunders, Your article regarding the 53 LeMans is incorrect. This automobile was never offered for sale for 1 million dollars by me or anyone at my company. It was offered for 375,000 at my company. Please correct and confirm. [[Frank Corrente, President, Frank Corrent Cadillac Corner,Inc., Hollywood,California USA. Linda Corrente, Executive Director, Hemophilia Foundation Southern California, 33 South Catalina Avenue Ste 102,Pasadena, CA 91106, 626-793-6192, http://www.hemosocal.org]] TARGET=_blank>www.hemosocal.org]]

MY REPLY: Mr. Corrente, I do not include information in the Cadillac Database that is knowingly incorrect or that has been published in an unreliable source. Here is what I wrote in the special page devoted to the modified (1959) Le Mans:
[[www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Drm_Mans.htm]]
"In 1997, this car was offered for sale by Frank Corrente, a California used car dealer, for $375,000! [as you yourself now have confirmed] It had a reported 18,434 miles. In February, 1999, the mileage was reported as 18,635 and the car was offered again for sale by Mr.Corrente, this time for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!"  In this case, unfortunately, I did not make a copy of either of the two ads in question; I did not think that, one day, I would have to justify the entry in the Database. However, I am sure a number of members of the Cadillac-LaSalle Club also viewed those ads (one thing for sure I did not "make it up"). Let me see if any one of them can remember the million-dollar "La Mans" ad, and Ill get back to you. Best, Yann Saunders.

If any of you can remember seeing these ads (especially the million dollar one, please tell Frank:  correntel@sbcglobal.net