News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1980 Fleetwood - Body Code Info Needed

Started by Tore Robert Klerud, July 04, 2006, 01:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tore Robert Klerud

Hello, and a great July 4th to you all!

I need help trying to translate a body code tag again. Really thought I would be able to crack most of the codes myself by now, but when I finally start understanding the lingo of the "Body by Fleetwood" tags, this car presents a somewhat different "Body by Fisher" tag when I pop the hood open. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, the car is a 1980 Fleetwood Brougham d´Elegance, I was told in Victoria Plum Firemist, but I don´t think the color is vivid enough to be a true Firemist (you can probably tell by the codes). Seems to be fairly well equipped, however. Did all these have level control as standard equipment?

Now for the codes:

BODY BY FISHER
80...01E...6CB69...9...019233
79G...76L...76T...L
AV7
R...S...9
CBQWD

...and: Anyone know where in Texas a Cadillac dealership named "Village Cadillac" is (or used to be in 1980?)

Thank you very much for all help!

Regards, Tore
Norway
64 Eldo Conv
76 Eldo Conv
78 Sev Ele

Ffrank #12944

Hello Tore,

some of the codes-6cb69 would be the model code for fleetwood
brougham, 019233 is the body build number.
01E, built 5th week of January.
The dealership "village" I think could have been "Sewell Village"
Cadillac in Dallas.
If the paint color would be a firemist paint, your codes would be
in the 90s, not 76

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146

Thank you for your help. Now if anyone can dechipre (sp?) the option letter codes, I´m still all ears.

Another thing: The original owner who took the car with her when she moved back to Norway in 1996 appears to be dead, so I won´t learn much about it´s history that way. However: The car has been baptized "Cadillac Inc Amarillo" instead of it´s real name in the Norwegian DMV files, which to me is a hint that some document from Amarillo followed it when it came to Norway. There is also a sticker on the rear bumper saying "Panhandle Plains AAA" and something about a "$500 theft protection" - and if I have read the map right, Amarillo is right in the middle of the so called Panhandle Plains, right? Am I right to assume that the car actually lived in or around Amarillo, and not Dallas, as your post suggests?

I also found a couple of Texas plates in the trunk, which I guess must be the last plates it had before being "sent home" to Norway in 1996. The bottom line of the plates read "150 years of statehood", they didn´t look as they had been on the car very long, and they did not have any tax stickers (but there are two big inspection stickers on the windshield, expiring in 1996 or 1997). Are all inspection stickers in Texas identical, or can I find some code that will lead me to a certain inspection station?

As you may remember the woman who took the car to Norway divorced her husband in Texas before returning here (or so the story says...), so I have a small hope that her ex is still there somewhere. She obviously took back her Norwegian maiden name when returning to Norway, so the name of the ex husband in Texas is pretty much anyone´s guess...

Thanx for any help and/or thoughts!

Regards, Tore
Norway

64 Eldo
76 Eldo Conv
78 Sev Ele
80 FBd´E

JIM CLC # 15000

07-29-06
Tore, I have a few suggestions that may help you get some historey on the car. I think the Pan Handle AAA my be your best source of help. They (AAA), may be able to tell you the name of the Husband that use to own the car. AAA sold a thief-protection plan where-by if your car was stolden, they would pay $500.00 to whom-ever turned in the party that stole-it.
Let me back-up a little, There used to be an Air Force Base at
Amarillo,TX by the name of Amarillo AFB,TX.(now the Amarillo International Air Port) Maybe,just maybe, the ex was either from that area, or,was stationed at Amarillo AFB,. The other suggestion has to do with you contaction the DMV of POTTER COUNTY OR the DMV of RANDALL COUNTY (as the base bordered both counties. As I said in my second sentance, I thank your best bet is the AAA office.IF you have GOOGLE, you can pull-up the history of Amarillo AFB,TX. Maybe even something about the AAA and the DMVs.
HTH
Good Luck,JIM

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

150 Years of Statehood would have been 1986. Most of the 1986 plates (including mine) had 1836 Texas Sesquicentennial 1986 on them, but I vaguely remember the ones like yours. Inspection stickers in Texas vary in size from time to time and are different colors each year.For a long time, they were punched for the year and month, but since those were impossible for police officers to read when approaching a car, they now have large numbers for them. The one that is put on a new car is for two years and all others are for only one year.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I apparently was having a brain spasm when I posted above. The 1986 Sesquicentennial was 150 years of independence while the 150 Years of Statehood was 1995, 150 years from its annexation by the U. S. in 1845.

Tore Robert Klerud, CLC# 20146

Thank you for your very interesting and informative suggestions, guys. I will follow the leads, and keep you posted on the progress!

Thanx again!

Regards, Tore
Norway

64 Eldo
76 Eldo Conv
78 Sev Ele
80 FBd´E

JIM CLC # 15000

07-30-06
TORE, I just read about AMARILLO AFB, TX. AND it was inactivated in
March of 1968. So, I think that your best bet is contacting the Pan Handle AAA and ask for help.
I didnt try to see what Google would bring-up.
HTH
Good Luck, JIM