News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

76 horn relay

Started by denise 20352, July 06, 2006, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denise 20352

Can anyone tell me where the horn relay is located on the 76 CC, Fleetwood or Deville?

thanks

-denise

denise

I have to get this disconnected, or I have no ride to work tomorrow.  If I didnt have a sprained foot, I might be able to troubleshoot, but right now I just need to unplug something so that my battery doesnt go dead.

thanks

-d

John #22631

OK, Maybe you read this one too. Answered on the MCLC board. If you reach under the fender, to the right on the drivers side you will feel 2 screws at about the 2:00 position. The relay should be located under the hood in the same place.

If not, check the fuse block under the dash, could be a relay there also.

John

denise 20352

Yeah, I found it, up near the fusebox.  It has two white wires going into a second connector because its actually both a horn relay and a key buzzer.  Whether or not it stores record albums and makes Julienne fries, I dunno, but its unplugged now.

-denise

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Cmon Densie, pray tell us.

Did it solve the problem?

We, well I am, are on tenderhooks.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

JIM CLC # 15000

07-06-06
Denise, No WAGs from me, but, if I were trying to fine the horn relay, I would trace the wires back from the horns and you should come to the relay. HTH
Good Luck, happy huntn, JIM

denise

We put a battery charger on it last night, and it started right up this morning.  Tony left me the Mercubox this time, but fortunately I didnt have to drive it.

When I got to work, I saw the bloodmobile in the parking lot, so I parked next to it.  Im sure that the blood donors will get a kick out of a hearse with a leg hanging out of the rear door, even if the Red Cross people dont think its funny.

-densie