News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

engine change/swap

Started by michael anderson, July 08, 2006, 04:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael anderson

hello again;  i think i need to refrase my question.  i want to know if i can take out a DFI HT4.1  and put a 4.5 in its place.  what would be involved in doing that.  i learned a lot about converting the 4.1 to a 4.5. witch was cool.my problem is i have had bad luck with the 4.1s.  broke crank shaft in two different caddies. head gaskets went bad and even one with distributor gear wore out far enought to quit turning the dist.i would like to know if the 4.5 can be hooked to the cars computer or whats involved in doing that.help me please. its a nice 87 eldorado. to nice to be sitting in driveway.thankx michael   82 eldo/83 eldo/85 eldo diesel /87 eldo /89 eldo / 77 SDV / 79CDV/ 83 CDV  coming soon 62 SDV  CADDYS FOREVER

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

You havent had BAD luck with HT4100s, youve had AVERAGE luck with them as several hundred thousand other people can attest to.

Cary Bilich

Michael; yes a 1988 or 1989 4.5 will fit right in no problen. this is a very common interchange Im in the Cadillac Salvage buisness for over 20 yours have sold probebly 100 of this type change over You can also us a 1990 4.5 or a 1991-95 4.9 but to do this you must use your old intake manifold and TBI this is also a comman change/over use GM intake manifold gaskits if doing this   if you need eng have several at CADILLACHEAVEN.COM