News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Shipping large parts - advice / help?

Started by Jim Bottini, July 20, 2006, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bottini

Hello again All!

I am going to be parting out a few of my collection and will mostlikely be using our friends at ebay. My question is how do I ship out large items? How do I package them and determine shipping costs? I have no clue at all!  

Thanks for your help!!!!

jb

Lou CLC 19028

In most cases you will find that large items are sold on Ebay as "will not ship" or "pick up only".  There is another option. There is company called Uship.com. They help connect the shipee with the shipper/carrier. Its set up very much like Ebay with feedback and all. All you do is list the item you need shipped with the to and from and then shippers bid on the job.You either accept or deny the bid. Check it out.

http://www.uship.com/search/category/Vehicles/VehicleParts/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.uship.com/search/category/Vehicles/VehicleParts/

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

I never say that sight, interesting.

Anyways, the smaller you can get box the better, you can always go to UPS.com, USPS.com and check rates by zip code and IMPORTANT dimensions, I sold a bumper on eBay and calculated it by weight, I went to the pack n post the next town over to find they dont do that anymore, I drove another 10 miles for UPS to tell me it has to be boxed and cant be wrapped in brown paper, a second trip to UPS I ended up losing $40 on shipping because of the width of the box, they measure it by T.W.L. and if its over so many inches they charge you at a higher poundage regardless that it may weight less, so the remaining bumpers I have I put "for pickup only, will not ship" It was half a day project to boxing up the bumper, I have good luck with smaller car parts that are easy to take off and pack, on eBay you can put in wieght and it will automatically calculate for buyers zip code. The 2 Caddys I stripped for parts I made more just off the parts than if I sold them complete.
Good luck,
Eric :)

jason hobbit

Try us post office website, ups website. Check ebay for free boxes and tape under shiping.

Jason

Brad Hemingson

The cheapest best shipper I have used is Greyhound. They shipped a NOS trunk lid from Utah to Bellingham,WA for $75.00. Fed-Ex is great for small bits.

UPS to Canada is awful. You pay the shipping and they charge again for "customs brokerge" which is basically collecting the 2 sales taxes as there is no duty on auto parts. They tried to charge me $50.00 for collecting $17.00 in taxes. Were still fighting. I bet they have spent ten times that amount threatening me.