News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 fuel filter

Started by Archie calise, July 22, 2006, 01:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie calise

OK,
I have a mind to change out the fuel filter on my 68.  Its an air conditioned car, and the filter number for AC/Delco is GF440, if my research is correct.  Firstly, is that correct, does anyone have the GM number?  Secondly, are there any tricks that I should know about changing it?  It looks like the entire metal cannister gets discarded, although Chiltons indicates otherwise.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Archie CLC #17647

Michael Stamps 19507

Im not sure of the part number but it is something common enough that I just go to the local parts store and get one.  About the only pita part is laying on your back with gas running down your arms.

Stampie

Jim Skelly, CLC#15958

I replaced my 68 Eldorados when I got it several years ago.  It had never been replaced and was partly clogged.  It was easy to replace.  My local auto store ordered it and I picked it up the next day.