News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wrecking yards Las Vegas

Started by Brad Hemingson, July 31, 2006, 01:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Hemingson

I get to Vegas a few times a year. Are there any yards with mid 60s caddies in the general area? I dont mind renting a car for an afternoon if the drive is max 90 minutes from the strip. A change of pace from nursing a hangover by the pool on Saturday morning.

Cliff Graubard-1430

There used to be. Most are all gone now. I had been picking them clean for the last 4 years. Must have pulled over 50 cars out of there over the last 3 years.
Are you looking for cars to buy or just parts?

brad Hemingson

Just looking for parts. Small bright work that will fit in my luggage. Unless I find something great in which case Id ship.

Chris McBride

Have no knowledge of the yard situation in las vegas but heres nother possiblity to consider: Phoenix is a one hour flight from Vegas and flights to/from Vegas leave constantly.

Phoenix is now the countrys 5th largest metropolitan area, has lots of yards with several specializing in old cars/Cadillacs. Arizona cars generally feature rust free metal (and sun-baked/destroyed interiors)

Fly in, rent car, visit yards ... buy trinkets, return car, fly back.  

You could probably spend more in several nanoseconds at a blackjack table.