News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

72 Eldorado Final Drive Oil Seals

Started by John McLaurine, August 07, 2006, 10:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John McLaurine

Guys & Gals

Can anyone recommend a source for the final drive output shaft oil seals for a 1972 Eldorado ?

Are these the same seals as used in the GMC Motorhomes? (I know the GMC also uses the THM-425, but not sure about the final drive unit).

Thanks in advance,
John McLaurine

TJH 20664

I got a set of seals and gaskets from my local auto parts store last year. I have not used them yet so if I can find them I will post the part numbers.  The gaskets were Fel-Pro and the seals were ChicagoRawhide. They all came in current looking boxes that were not even that dusty so I assume they are somewhat current production.  The gaskets were cheap but I seem to think the seals or at least one of them was like $40 I cant remember if the expensive ones were the input or output.

Good Luck

TJH
StPaul/Mpls MN
73 Eldo convert