News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 master cylinder problem

Started by Greg 18360, August 12, 2006, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg 18360

Im stuck, after bolting up the master after rebuilding I have to push the operating rod in the master cylinder a good inch to get the pin in and the rod is adjusted as short as possible. When you press the brake the master bottoms out the pedal will only go down half way. What Im wondweing if the trunnion has been changed, mine measures two and three fourths of an inch long, can someone measure theirs or a spare one on the parts shelf.  This is driving me crazy

Thanks again
                           Greg

Greg 18360

I my post I refered to the part as a trunnion I meant the clevis.

Bill Ingler 7799

Hi Greg- The link/operating rod installed in my spare master measures about 3 1/2 inches long, the threaded part of the link is 1 3/4 inch, the clevis that screws on the link is 2 3/4 long. the same as yours. This clevis, according to my master parts book which covers only up to 48, was used 41-48.Both my 41 and 47 show the clevis when screwed on the link still leaves about 1/2 inch of thread with clevis pin installed before the clevis would run out of inward adjustment.

Warren Rauch

Have you checked the master cylinder piston. Some are hollow and allow the rod to go inside others are solid. Im at the farm and cant check my library to tell which is correct.Warren