News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD

Started by Valdir Baraldi, August 14, 2006, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdir Baraldi

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am from Brazil and I own a 1954 Cadillac Fleetwood wich belonged to my father. I am interested in getting original users manual and other parts and systems manuals, as well magazines, or places/books, where I could find out detailed information about this car model. This one is about 90percent originality and I would like to have a reference to proceed and make it the most original the possible.

I appreciate your indication and suggestions in advance !

Rgds.,

Valdir Baraldi
alternative e-mail adress : ovaldir@uol.com.br

Rob Kranenburg

Hi,

the easiest / best place to get started is eBay. All of the common pieces are on there, prices are not-too-bad, and itll get you started. Just make sure you let the sellers know youre in Brazil. A lot of them do this for a living, and can help find more difficult parts. Those parts really dont pay off on e-bay so they dont list them, but they do have them.

Ebay sellers usually dont like overseas bidders, because of two big hassles. Payments dont work, and a lot of overseas bidders try to play a game around shipping.

If possible, get a Paypal account. Not because it is the greatest, but because it shows you are not going to be a pain when it comes to paying.
Also, indicate early on that you understand that shipping to Brazil is more than inside the US. If possible, have an account with UPS or DHL (free, and very easy if you have a credit card) so you can tell the seller to use that account-number. It gets you the rate you should get, and no work for the seller.

These two things will take the hassle out of the deal for the seller, it doesnt increase the cost to you, and makes for happy ebaying.

Good luck,

RK