News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1954 Cadillac Fleetwood - Looking for Orinal Manuals and Originality Guide

Started by Valdir Baraldi, August 15, 2006, 08:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdir Baraldi

Where could I get the original users and cars manual for my 1954 Fleetwood Cadillac ?
I would like also to know how could I purchase the Originality Manual, Class 15. I am foreigner, leaving in Brazil (São Paulo city).

Tks for your attention.

Rgds.,

Valdir Baraldi

Johnny #662

Quote from: Valdir BaraldiWhere could I get the original users and cars manual for my 1954 Fleetwood Cadillac ?
I would like also to know how could I purchase the Originality Manual, Class 15. I am foreigner, leaving in Brazil (São Paulo city).

Tks for your attention.

Rgds.,

Valdir Baraldi

I had a 54 Fleetwood, up until about 15 years ago.  As I remember, in addition to the shops manual, there is a supplement showing all the grease points for the car.  Also at the time I was corresponding with a gentleman from South America, that also had a 54 Fleetwood.  We exchanged letters, pre PC days, and pictures. Could you be that same gentleman?  I dont remember his name.....

Valdir Baraldi

Hi Johnny,
Thanks for your e-mail.
Unfortunatelly I am not the same person you mentioned....This fleetwood is with me for about a year now, since my father died last year. He bought the car about 4 years ago, so it sound not to be in the same time you corresponded. Anyway, we can keep in touch from now on.

Do you know where or how I can get these manuals ?

Thanks again!

Rgds.,

Valdir

Joe Gildea, #3736

The shop manual has about 300 pages - a must get book.
The Twin Turbine Transmission Manual - dated 9/53 - would help if you are rebuilding your tranny - 60 pages.
The monthly set of Cadillac Servicemen Bulletins are also helpful. Good to get October 53 to December 54, plus index.
Fisher Body Service News have 3 for 54 Cads:
#1 Instruments - Closed Cars - 52 pages.
#2 Instruments for Convertible Cars - 72 pages.
#3 - Index - 4 pages.
The owners manual is always useful.
Try the dealers:
Walter Miller in Syracuse, NY   http://www.autolit.com TARGET=_blank>www.autolit.com
Bob Johnsons Auto Literature Framingham, MA  http://www.autopaper.com TARGET=_blank>www.autopaper.com
Plus many other dealers.
Good luck,
- Joe

Valdir Baraldi

Tom Hall 7485

The Authenticity Manual for Class 15 is available from Fredus Pete Peters, the editor of that manual, at fnpiii@aol.com.